Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sleep Well

I have to admit that Nicholas and I have been a little frustrated lately with Marlee's teething process. She has been getting up every 2 hours during the night making the days extra long and the nights even longer. I know this is teething related because it is so out of the norm for her. She is an all night long sleeper and she has been for as long as I can remember. So this is definitely exhausting for mom and dad. 
More for dad since nights is kinda what I do. 

Tonight as I was rocking her back to sleep, she snuggled up to my chest, reached her little hand up, and held my face. Like she was saying, "mommy, I just want you near me." She slowly fell into a deep sleep but continued to keep her hand on my face. I smelled her hair and it made me think of how we prayed to have her. And how someday she won't want me to hold her anymore. How someday she will be a 'big girl' and fall asleep without being rocked. 

So I rocked a little extra longer and played with her hair a little longer. I kissed her cheek and placed her to bed. 

Sleep well little Marlee.

But if not, I will be back to rock you. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment