Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Potty Training is Fun


If you cannot sense the sarcasm in the title, I will further elaborate the fun of potty training. 

I am a bit of a Pinterest addict. I have scaled back significantly but generally enjoy my daily Pinterest scroll so what better resource to use for potty training Marlee than the one and only Pinterest. 

I read the articles, probably all of them and their jazzy titles.

Potty Training Made Easy!
Potty Training is Fun!
Potty Training in Three Days!
Potty Training Blah Blah Blah!

Lies. They are all lies. There is nothing fun about potty training. Or easy. Do not lie to yourself. This is a full time commitment and job. Especially if you have a very stubborn and strong willed child. AKA Marlee Josephine. 

I was going to wait until Marlee was fully potty trained to finish this post as to show our growth and improvement but I am on day one and on my third load of pee laundry so have quite a bit to say. 

Most of the methods of potty training involve letting your child just go. By go, I mean pee all over the house. Fun and easy are not two adjectives I would use for this method. Its is constant surveillance. My daughter is a pee bandit and I am the mom security guard. I am losing the battle against the inmates. So far today we have had three pee accidents and one poop accident. A big fat zero on successful tries. 

Needless to say, I should have purchased more big girl undies and more sanitizer wipes. 

Ok back to guard duty. Nicky is up and I do not want to find him playing in poop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment