Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Festival Junky

Winter was cold.
Spring was rainy.


But now it is SUMMER!


How can you not like summer?
Warm weather.
Sunny sun.
Playing outside.
Eating popsicles.
Mini pools.
And festivals!


I never considered myself a festival junky but after looking at my schedule and Facebook event tab, I try to attend as many festivals as possible. The kids love to run around and I love to eat greasy food. Win, win for the whole family. Marlee is now big enough for the rides and while Nicky has his moments, he generally likes them too. The weather has been perfect and my work schedule is just feeding into my love.


Apart from festival madness, we have been incredibly busy with a variety of things. Marlee turns four this month and we leave for vacation next week (hallelujah!) so things are not slowing down anytime soon. I am going to do a photo dump here so I can dedicate my next post to my birthday girl!


We went to the Strawberry Festival, Car Show, Italian Fest, Touch-a-Truck in Massillon (not really a festival), and to Atwood Lake for fireworks (also not a festival but still a big party).



 

Apart from the go-go-go of summer, we have been busy at home also.

I am attempting to potty train this yahoo.


It's going about as well as it did when I potty trained Marlee. Probably worse because boys are the worst and I don't know what to do with his peepee. He also decided within the last week that he does not want to be a big boy and wants to be a baby.
Cue the massive sighs and eye rolls.

We also celebrated one year in our house! What a year it has been! So many memories already in the books and I am still so thrilled to call it home. We could not be happier with the choice to move and enjoy watching our family grow.

We also play outside. A lot. The patio and backyard are amazing for the kiddos and we cannot get enough sun and fresh air. We have a sandbox plus two pools to keep the kids busy. Add in some bubbles and popsicles, we are set for the day.
How can you not love summer?!

Next up we have vacation and then stay-cation which will both be well deserved and necessary for my well-being. The kids are excited for the beach and I am excited to sit on my rear and do nothing important.
Both of which make me one happy mom!




No comments:

Post a Comment