Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

All Clear!

I was able to get an early doctors appointment in on Thursday and the doctor said I was allll clear! 
Healthy as an ox!
(I elaborated on that last part.)

I can return to work on Monday and can even start exercising so I can get this body back in shape! I am not expecting to ever fit into my wedding dress again but getting back to pre-baby weight is definitely a goal of mine. I need a plan of action but haven't exactly figured that out yet. We acquired a treadmill from the in-laws and once it is in place, I plan on running everyday. Nick is going to set it up in the basement for me with a TV and the Wii programmed with Netflix so I keep some kind of interest. The girls at work have been insisting I watch 'The Walking Dead' so that will be the first series I focus in on.

Apparently this is THE guy.

I already know that my food choices are going to be my constant hurdle. I love food. I love carbs and sweets and diet coke. Crackers, cheese, pasta, bread, cake, cookies, wings, beer, etc. etc. This list could go on forever. So my diet is going to need revamped too. I need to make sure I am still taking in enough calories so my milk supply doesn't suffer either. This is going to be an ongoing process.

Nothing? Nothing! Oreo blizzard? Chocolate chip cookies? Nothing. Calling BS on that. 
Before my wedding, I lost 35 lbs over a year and a half. This time around, I would like to lose 33 lbs and am being realistic that this could take another year. I am already down 22 lbs since labor which will put me at a total weight loss of 55 lbs once I hit my goal. I was going to post pre-weight loss pictures but I think I will save those till the end. Or at least once I see some kind of progress. Right now I am just a blobby mess. 

So some general goals would be:
1. Drink more water.
2. Exercise 4x/week
3. Lose 55lbs total
4. Eat cleaner snacks
5. Maintain milk supply
6. Be realistic!

Five and six are priority goals. Feeding Marlee is the most important and being realistic about my goals and progress are the only way this is going to work. I have to make sure I focus more on how I feel rather then how I look or the number on the scale. 

I will try to update weekly. Weigh-in Wednesday? I like the sound of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment