Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Looking Forward to Warm Weather

We were blessed with about 4 more inches of snow this morning. If you cannot read the sarcasm here, it is there. I am not sure how much longer I can deal with this weather. Marlee and I both have cabin fever and just want to leave this house to spend a little time with the sun on our face. I am pretty sure I say this every year but this winter has lasted forever!


So to keep my spirits high, I decided to make a list of thing I am excited for this Spring. 

1. Gardening
Last year was the first year of our garden and it was definitely a learning experience. We are more prepared and knowledgeable this year so I am really excited to get our little seeds started. We are going to change things up a little and even make our garden about 2 feet longer. We decided to get rid of the huge pumpkin and watermelon plant so we can make room for green beans and yellow squash. My mouth is watering at the thought of those fresh little cherry tomatoes! Yum!

2. Baseball
This is exciting for a variety of reasons. This will be Isaacs second year doing kid pitch so we are all really excited to get back into pitching. Also Nick is not going to coach this year so we can sit and enjoy the games together without the added stress of coaching. Practice starts next month so I am interested to see how much all the kids have grown. And Marlee will be there to cheer her big brother on! There is also the Cleveland Indians game which we all enjoy so much. Baseball, sun, beer, family. Perfect warm weather kick off.

3. Vacation
We are hoping to take a trip at the end of July down to Florida and I am really looking forward to getting away for a little while. And this will be Marlee's first family vacation! I am not really sure how the drive is going to go but hopefully she will cooperate and we can get down and back without any problems. She will be one year old by then so should be able to handle the drive. We will tackle that when we get there. This takes me to excited thing number 4...

4. Marlee Turns One!
I know it is still months away but my baby girl is getting closer and closer to being a one year old! I am not sure how I feel about this. I mean I am super excited for my baby girl turning one but on the other hand, she is not a baby once she hits one. Waaaa! We are tossing around ideas for her party as far as whether we want a big shindig or just a small, immediate family only dinner. I think we are going to do a Minnie Mouse theme but like I said, we have a couple months to think about it. 

Ok there are a ton of more things I am excited about such as swimming and tanning and finally getting to run with Marlee using our stroller! Buuuut little Miss Marlee is on the move so I need to tend to her...




She fell off that little edge shortly after this picture was taken. 
I have given up trying to protect her from injury.
I am pretty sure I would loose that battle.
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment