Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ultrasound and Impromptu Shower


I have officially made it to 37 weeks which is technically full term! 
Hurray for Marlee and I!

We had an appointment yesterday for an ultrasound and tummy check to see how much my little peanut has grown. Nicholas was not able to make it because of work so my momma came along. It was a joy to be able to share this moment of my life with her. Even though Marlee is a scary skeleton baby on ultrasound, seeing her little spine, hands, and heartbeating was amazing - as always. I smile till my cheeks hurt during ultrasounds and listening to her heartbeat.

See her little skeleton face!
Arrows are pointing to her eyes.
Nick and my mom both think she has hair in this picture... I am not so sure. I suppose we will find out soon enough!
Marlee was measured (estimated) to be 6 pounds, 8 ounces - give or take a pound. So by July 17th, she will be between 7 to 9 pounds. I can manage to wrap my head around a 7 lb baby ... 9 lbs I am not so sure. My little chunker baby.

After the ultrasound, we had the usual check up. Although my doctor did not say the word diet... I am pretty sure I was put on a diet. Pregnant and diet are not two words which play together nicely. She said less pasta and bread (Hello! Italian baby here!), less pastries (Pastries? So chocolate cake is out?), and no more lemonade (She took away my lemonade!!). Marlee and I are going to waste away to nothing.

So to sum up my appointment:
Blood pressure: 117/72
Marlee's heartbeat: 151
Weight gain: 2 lbs
Marlee's weight: 6lbs 8oz
Uterus height: 36 cm
GBS: Negative
Goals: Stop eating everything I like

On a perkier note, my wonderful friends at work had an impromptu baby shower for me tonight! I should have known when Monica brought in meatballs for 'no reason' but this girl does not question free meatballs.

Apparently I am not as observant as I think I am considering these were made right under my nose.

Welcome Baby Marlee!

And of course food! (Don't tell my doctor!)

So very unexpected and generous. Love my co-workers.

Thanks to everyone involved. It meant a lot to the both of us. It is easy to forget sometimes how blessed I truly am to have such wonderful people in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment