Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

From Your Baby Whale

I dedicate this post to my husband, my best friend, and the father of my soon-to-be child.

My husband will probably kill me for posting so many pictures of him but it is hard to pin point one picture to display all the many aspects of his personality. I love and admire him for so many reasons. He is such a huge part of my life and the person I am today. I am going to try to not get too sappy because no one enjoys that, but lately I have been reflecting on the reasons I have chosen him for my partner in life and the father of my Marlee.

I am not going to sit here and go on and on about how he is the best husband in the whole wide world. I do not recall that I have met every husband in the world so I do not think this is an accurate portrayal. I can say that he is the perfect person for me. We just have a good bond. We have a good time together. We laugh everyday - a big, belly hurting laugh. We have good conversation. We have similar values and morals. We are on the same page. He has taught me to love unconditionally and to not take things so seriously. He showed me what it is like to worry less and smile more.

He showed me what a loving, caring father is supposed to be. I see in Nick what every child should have when it comes to a father. He is patient, attentive, reliable, responsible, and supportive. He loves his son and he will love Marlee all the same. He doesn't expect anything in return. He wants to be a good dad. He is a good dad. Marlee is going to have him wrapped around his finger - just as every little girl should.
Daddy's little girl.

It is strange and scary going into a situation like motherhood not really knowing what to expect. We are not fancy people. We do not have access to the 'best' things in life. I am going to love the best I can and attempt to fulfill her every need and want. 
I can say though that I picked a great father for her and I hope she never takes this for granted. 
Thanks Nick for being a commendable man and father. Thanks for setting the standard high for her so she knows what it is like to be loved and treated with respect. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of what a father is supposed to be. Thanks for loving me the way I would want someone to love her someday.


2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Marisa, after seeing Nicholas with you last night, you couldn't have written a nicer tribute to him. You both will be and are wonderful parents and I am so glad to say that the man you picked for your life partner and husband is my son-in-law. I love you both so much. Thank you for giving me and all of my family a beautiful grandchild, niece and great-grandchild. Love Always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mom! I have no doubt in my mind that he will continue to surprise me with his caring nature. Marlee is as lucky as I am to have him :)

    ReplyDelete