Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Madness

This is going to be a hodge podge of a post.
So much going on and so little time to blog!
I am actually supposed to be working. But who likes to work?
 
First off, I did my monthly weigh-in last week and I was not able to hit my goal to be down 10 lbs by Marlee's baptism. BUT I refused to be upset about the 8 lbs I did lose. Eight pounds gone and I am proud of myself. I still need to push myself to workout more and eat a better but I have been slowing down on the sweets which is my biggest weakness. My husband wants to know why Christmas cookies are not done yet... well it is because I eat them all!
Couple more pounds till the 140's and I think it might be the motivation I have been looking for.
 
Marlee will be 5 months on the 23rd and I think I have come to the end of my breastfeeding journey. I am not ready to give up feeding her but I am done with pumping. I didn't even bring my pump to work tonight and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. It was becoming pure torture and since I went back to work so soon, I was never able to build up a supply so it was constant stress over whether or not I was going to have enough milk for her. Torture I tell you. Right up there with eye gouging and finger nail removal. Now starts the search for a decent formula which has actually been really stressful. There are a million choices and the ingredient lists are a mile long. I think I have it narrowed down to Gerber Good Start Gentle and Enfamil Gentlease. I am worried about her tummy being irritated with the change but it will only be for the nights that I am at work and when we are on the go. I am actually feeling pretty good about it after weeks of stress involved with making this decision. I wanted to make it to six months but I am not going to beat myself up about it.
 
Christmas is right around the corner and my tree is filled with presents already! We don't even have Isaac's and Marlee's gifts out yet! We finally have a stocking for Marlee and Isaac is big enough for a new stocking so our mantle was completed this week.
 
 
We decided to do Christmas morning at our house this year which is going to be pretty interesting with both the families together. Lots of people, little house. I am bummed that we do not have Isaac for Christmas morning (we switch holidays every year) but at least most of the family will be together and hopeful get some Christmas spirit going. Marlee is obviously not going to be able to open presents but I will enjoy watching Nick open them for her. I will just be getting off work so it is going to be coffee mania for this woman. Spiked Christmas coffee... mmmmm.
 
I also have some other news but I do not want to jinx myself by getting too excited just yet. Keep those fingers crossed and say a little prayer that my career path is going to be getting better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment